Last updated: April 10, 2019.
Who we are
Web Kontrol Ltd (Russia) is a limited liability company registered under the laws of Russian Federation, which provides legal services to clients. It’s principle place of business is at 2/1 Novodmitrovskaya street, 5th floor, offices XXXVIII, room 1, part. State registration number is 1097746537020.
Web Kontrol, Inc. (USA) is a corporation registered under the laws of the State of New York, having its principle place of business at 838 6 Avenue, 6 Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA. Web Kontrol, Inc. is an affiliate company of Web Kontrol Ltd.
Web Kontrol, Inc. does not provide legal services to clients and does not collect, process or dispose in any way your Personal Data.
Terms and definitions
“Applicable Law” means the laws of the Russian Federation, in particular, Federal Law “On Personal Data” #152-FZ dated July 27, 2006 (“Personal Data Federal Law”) and other data protection and processing regulations of Russia.
“Collection of Personal Data” means a process of obtaining the Personal Data directly from the User.
“Data Block” means a temporary suspension of any actions with Personal Data.
“Destruction of Personal Data” means any actions resulting in impossibility to restore any information on Personal Data by any means.
“Disclosure of Personal Data” means any actions aimed at making the Personal Data publicly available or any actions aimed at the disclosure of Personal Data to a particular person or group of persons.
“Personal Data” means any information about an identifiable individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information.
“Website” shall mean the website www.wklegal.ru administered by WEBKONTROL.
- Contact information: Your name, position, role, company or organization, resumes, telephone, mobile phone where provided, e-mail and postal address;
- Business information: data identifying You in relation to matters on which You entrust us or in which you are involved, information regarding business and individuals connected with Your business information regarding your preferences, for example, if You attend one of our events and we collect data relating to Your dietary needs; information about legal requirements, situations, interests;
- Communications: any information You disclose to in communications with us. Please do not send us any confidential information until we have confirmed in writing that we represent or act on Your or Your company’s behalf. Unsolicited e-mails from non-clients do not establish a lawyer-client relationship. They may not be privileged and confidential and, therefore, may be disclosed to third parties;
- Any other Personal Data that You voluntarily provide us with.
WEBKONTROL may, in some cases, collect Personal Data from third parties (such as clients) to whom we provide legal services, regulatory and legal authorities, other organizations with whom we or you have dealings, i.e. government authorities, courts of Russian jurisdiction, information or service providers. WEBKONTROL may also collect data from public sources during legal investigation and court proceedings.
WEBKONTROL does not collect or process any sensitive categories of Personal Data, such as race, national identity, criminal record, political views, religious or philosophical beliefs and biometric Personal Data.
Why we use your Personal Data
WEBKONTROL collects and processes your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Providing legal and other related services as instructed by You, for instance, if we are required to collect and disclose the name of the plaintiff in the context of anti-piracy or other litigation or the name of applicant in the context of intellectual property rights registration or application;
- Managing and administering our relationship with You, your company or organization including keeping records about business contacts, services, payments, reports, conducting conflict checks before we start work, maintaining internal records, which will include the collection of names, addresses, banking or financial details to maintain the business relationship with You, so we can customize our proposals and offers for You, develop our relationship and target our promotional and marketing campaigns;
- Performing analytical researches strictly for the purposes of providing our clients with anti-piracy reports;
- Maintaining high standards of services quality and professional standards;
- Managing your preferences, dietary needs, event registrations and reservations and other events hosted by us;
- Maintaining business correspondence with You, answering your queries and provide You with information or materials You have requested to receive;
WEBKONTROL may use Personal Data for any other purpose to which You expressly consent.
You may give your consent in different ways:
(1) expressly by signing a document or agreeing through electronic means of communication;
(2) implicitly by voluntarily providing us with your Personal Data.
Personal Data collection, processing and disclosure may be justified or permitted without consent in other circumstances in accordance with Applicable Law.
You can revoke You consent to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of Personal Data at any time. Please note that revocation of your consent may prevent us from providing You high-quality legal services. In this case, WEBKONTROL will discuss the reasons for Personal Data collection, use, processing and disclosure directly with You.
If You would like to revoke your consent, please contact us using the details below.
How we use your Persona Data
WEBKONTROL collects Personal Data based on the following:
- Personal Data belongs only to the User who submitted it to us.
- User is 18 or older and is legally capable; and
- User has provided accurate and up-to-date Personal Data.
If WEBKONTROL has any reasons to believe the above conditions are not met, WEBKONTROL may request the clarification of Personal Data prior to reviewing the message.
Personal Data Storage and Security
WEBKONTROL takes all necessary and sufficient steps to maintain physical, procedural and technical security for Personal Data.
If necessary, WEBKONTROL undertakes the following actions for the protection of your Persona Data:
- Implementing a legal, organizational and technical measures to ensure the security of Personal Data as prescribed by Applicable Law;
- Appointing the Data Protection Officer;
- Carrying out an internal compliance audit and control to ensure that internal policies and regulations are compliant with Applicable Law;
- Educating WEBKONTROL employees on Personal Data protection policies and regulations and Applicable Laws;
- Assessing the harm that may be caused to You in case of Personal Data breach, providing risk assessment of the measures taken to ensure the compliance with the data protection requirements established by Applicable Law.
When collecting the Personal Data, WEBKONTROL ensures that all recordings, systematization, accumulation, storage, updates, retrieve of Personal Data are stored on the databases located in the territory of the Russian Federation.
You shall have a right to:
- Access to Personal Data processed under this Policy, as well as claim a copy of any record containing your Personal Data.
- Request us to block, destroy or update your Personal Data.
- Revoke your consent to Personal Data collection and processing.
- Exercise other rights provided by the Personal Data Federal Law.
Access to Personal Data
You may send us a request to access to your Personal Data. You can also request us to amend or correct your Personal Data if you believe it is inaccurate.
You can submit such request via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail below.
We endeavor to provide You access to your Personal Data in timely and transparent manner. However, we may require You to verify your identity prior to giving You access to such Personal Data. Furthermore, we cannot grant You access to Personal Data in case this may lead to an unauthorized disclosure of other individuals who have not provided a consent to such disclosure or legally privileged and confidential information. In such circumstances we will provide You with reasonable explanation of why we cannot grant You access to Personal Data.
2/1 Novodmitrovskaya street, 5th floor
Offices XXXVIII, room 1
Moscow 127015, Russian Federation
Learn more about our anti-piracy services?>